Arrival & Dismissal
As you may know, on any given day, Capital Prep manages the flow of over 500 children, 40 employees, parents, guests as well cars and buses. The traffic concerns at Capital Prep are a choreographed daily event. We make every effort to manage traffic in a way that takes all groups into consideration. To aid in this effort, below are general guidelines we ask you to follow each day.
ARRIVALS: All students are to arrive at school between 7:07 a.m. – 7:30 a.m. Any student arriving after 7:30 a.m. must sign in at the main office. Lower school students must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Car Drop Off
- On arrival, please do not park and walk your children to school unless you feel it is absolutely necessary, or if they are younger than first grade. Most children in elementary and middle school manage quite well on their own and feel pride in developing their own sense of independence.
- Students who walk to school must use the Main Entrance.
DISMISSALS: The school day ends at 2:50 p.m. on Monday through Thursday and 12:25 p.m. on Friday. Lower school students are dismissed 10 minutes earlier to keep traffic moving and the children safe.
Car Pick Up
- Students will be on the front lawn for their parent/guardian to pick up . Please park your car at the corner of Main St. and Eli St. to keep the school bus lane clear.
- All walkers will be dismissed at 2:50 p.m. out of the Main Entrance on Main Street. However, all lower school students must be escorted home by an adult or high school student.
- Staff, bus monitors, and upper school student leaders will escort all Lower School students to the bus.
- All lower school students are to ride in the front of the bus.
Please know that all of us at Capital Prep, staff, administration, custodians, parents and bus drivers, take seriously the responsibility of our students’ safety. Your full cooperation of this policy, patience, and dedication
will make these transitional periods operate smoothly.
Appreciate your cooperation,
Capital Preparatory Magnet School