Health & Well Being
Students will participate in a variety of team sports. Students will demonstrate
sportsmanship, team participation, skills and concepts with each team sport. Students will develop
an appreciation for the role and importance of physical activity and healthy living.
Students will demonstrate their understanding of being a teammate while participating in a variety of
different sports and activities including:
· Flag Football
· Outdoor Games (large scale) “MascoloMania”,
Star wars, Human Pinball.
· Team Building Activities
· Locomotor, Manipulative, Nonmanipulative
Objectives – Students will:
- Demonstrate competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a varietyof physical activities, as evidence by enhancing flexibility, balance and coordination.
- Participate regularly in physical activity, as evidence by informal observation of classroom participation.
- Exhibit responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings, as evidence by coming to class prepared with physical education uniform and collaborating with others.
- Demonstrate an understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities, as evidence by formal observation and assessments.
- Test/Quiz (formal and informal through observation).
- Class Participation